I finally started my job!! Whew about time. I almost ran out of money! Well I got my license on September 14th... I can't remember if I reported that already or not. I am working full time at 2 nursing homes: Bel Arbor and Cherry Blossom... They are pretty good places. I don't have much of a caseload right now. The previous therapist had to let much of her caseload go because there was no full time therapist there when she left. Now that I am there, I only have 4 patients. So I do some treatments, then I sit in the dining room to listen for coughing and choking! HAHA! Yep that's pretty much how my day goes. I should be getting some patients here in a bit.
IN addition to listening for coughing/choking, I also have to check all the weight lists to screen those who have lost weight for any reason. It's time consuming, but I need a caseload, so I don't complain.
The first couple days, I was just learning how to do the job and paperwork and such. Then on Thursday and Friday I saw my patients on my own. It was a little nerve-wrecking, but I need to learn! LOL.
So... I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE my job! I love the patients and the fact that I will probably do 95% swallowing, I love the people I work with, and I love my supervisor! All is good and I can't wait until I have a caseload and I can start being a real Speech Therapist!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your paychecks never stop being exciting! I love them and you DO deserve it. You earned every penny! I remember one of the funnest (funnest, really?) things was opening those silly RSVP cards. I hope people start sending them back. YOu don't really understand their importance until after you've tried to plan a wedding....love hearing about your life!!
ReplyDelete