Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We had a nice little weekend for Labor day! Dan had a four day weekend so I got to spend 2 extra days with him that he would normally have to work! YAY!
Although it was a nice weekend, it was busy. We dogsat for our friend. Chloe and Lucy were totally into each other the first day. I thought I was going to have to deal with two hyper dogs all weekend, but eventually they settled down. They are great friends:



Dan worked on the cabinet all weekend and IT'S FINALLY FINISHED! It took so long to build it and then when it was ready, it was too heavy and about to rip the drywall down. So he had to hurry and build the bottom so the upper cabinet would rest on it. I'm so proud of him! It looks SO good. Here is a picture of it:



We also went to the Reds vs. Braves game in Atlanta at Turner Field. It was only my second time going to a game that was not at Great American. It was so much fun! The forecast said it was going to be 82 and mostly cloudy... that turned into mostly sunny and 92. So we got fried! But it was fun!
Then to wrap up the weekend we watched the UC game at a new bar. We are trying to find some UC alumni that live either in Warner Robins or Macon so we can get with them to watch the games. Hopefully we will find something! It will get old if we are the only 2 cheering in the whole restaurant (which happened today).

It was a great weekend but now back to the real world; well for Dan anyway. He is going TDY for the first time since I lived with him. It's going to be strange not having him around. But I'm going to clean this house from floor to ceiling!

2 comments:

  1. Dan, The cabinet looks great. You did an excellent job. I can't wait to see it in person. Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,'It looks great! I tooo can't wait to see itand see you and Kris in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete