It's been 8 years.... 8 years... I can hardly believe it. It still feels like yesterday. Eight years since September 11, 2001. I was in math class. Our teacher was known as the "mean and rude" teacher. She was never in a good mood. I remember someone opened our door and our teacher just shot her a look. Then when we found out what happened, our teacher immediately turned on the TV and we watched. We took the whole period to watch in horror as our nation was attacked. It was so hard to believe. I remember going home that day and watching all of it, continuously, on TV. I couldn't take my eyes off of it and I couldn't believe it. I cried and cried because I felt so vulnerable. At the same time, I have never felt more proud to be an American. Our nation came together that day and I was so glad to be alive to see that happen.
So today, as I do every year on September 11th, I watched all the specials on every channel. I just couldn't stop watching. It's like every year they come out with another movie or another show that just gets me and I just have to watch. So I watch and I am thankful that I never had to be there to see what some people had to see. I pray for those who had to live through that day and for the countless number of Heros that came out that day. I hope they are all making it through the nightmare that crushed our nation. I know they will because they are American's and America is the best nation. I thank all of the soldiers who have fought for our freedom, those who have lost their lives, and those who are willing to put their lives on the line. It really makes me proud and brings a tear to my eyes. They are amazing individuals and I can't thank them enough.
I also thank Dan. My own little soldier, who might not be fighting for our freedom now, but I know that if the time comes, he will be there. He will be there because he loves this nation and loves the Air Force.
It's amazing how this horrible tragedy can really change lives... i know it changed mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AMEN!!! MOM
ReplyDelete