Well she is finally here!!! Cami decided to make her grand entrance on November 20, 2011 @ 12:31pm! Weighing in at 7lbs 6oz. Here's how it went:
Friday November 18th - started to have mild contractions about 5 mins apart. Dan wanted to rush to the hospital but I just didn't think that it was time yet. These contractions didn't feel like "the ones." When I have to really think about if I was having a contraction, then it was really not time yet.
Saturday November 19th - we were finishing Cami's initials to hang above her crib. (Yeah good timing, right?!). Dan was working in the garage when I started to have stronger contractions. I wanted to time them, but couldn't find Dan's phone (yay for contraction apps) and couldn't walk to find it either. Dan did come in eventually and we timed them and they were about 4 1/2 mintues apart. I thought, this is what labor feels like so I guess it's time. It was an emotional time as I was sort of freaking out about her actually coming out. Dan was very excited and was frantically packing his bag for the hospital. (Mine was already packed after my contractions the night before). So at 11:45 we headed to the hospital!!!
At the hospital - we arrived at the hospital around 11:50 or so. We finished registering and went on back to triage. At this point, when they checked me, I was 2-3cm dilated. They watched me for an hour and checked me again... still no progress. Dr. Shirley said that I had to make progress in another hour or I would have to go home. So I decided to do squats during my contractions to get things going. Boy that was stupid. That hurt like crazy, but good news, I made progress! 4cm! After this I was admitted.
We walked down to our labor room and I got settled there. This was around 4am! It had been a very long night already and I knew it would just get longer! ICK! So during my god-awful contractions, I tried to "rest." Yeah, not happening. I made it until 5:30am before I asked for the goods! :) I had to get a bag and a half of fluids before they would give me the epidural. Around 6:30 is when I finally got my epidural. I made it all the way to about 6cm before the epidural! I thought that was good enough for me! After the epidural, I was a different person. I was actually able to rest for a bit before the delivery started.
I was put in different positions in the bed, one known as the "fire hydrant." This opened my pelvis so Cami could come on down and make her arrival. My doctor was big on her coming down the canal naturally, and she did.
I only pushed for 15 minutes and then she was here! Dr. Shirley asked Dan to "catch the baby like a football" and he did! I was afraid he would pass out, but he did it and he survived! He also cut the cord too! He's so brave! :) Also- as a side note- he was WONDERFUL! He was helping me through each contraction before the epidural and was so supportive during the delivery process. I am so glad he was there with me through all of this.
Here is the first picture of our baby girl:
There are so many more pictures to put on this blog, but for now, I'll just upload that one. And this one from the hospital pictures:
Friday November 18th - started to have mild contractions about 5 mins apart. Dan wanted to rush to the hospital but I just didn't think that it was time yet. These contractions didn't feel like "the ones." When I have to really think about if I was having a contraction, then it was really not time yet.
Saturday November 19th - we were finishing Cami's initials to hang above her crib. (Yeah good timing, right?!). Dan was working in the garage when I started to have stronger contractions. I wanted to time them, but couldn't find Dan's phone (yay for contraction apps) and couldn't walk to find it either. Dan did come in eventually and we timed them and they were about 4 1/2 mintues apart. I thought, this is what labor feels like so I guess it's time. It was an emotional time as I was sort of freaking out about her actually coming out. Dan was very excited and was frantically packing his bag for the hospital. (Mine was already packed after my contractions the night before). So at 11:45 we headed to the hospital!!!
At the hospital - we arrived at the hospital around 11:50 or so. We finished registering and went on back to triage. At this point, when they checked me, I was 2-3cm dilated. They watched me for an hour and checked me again... still no progress. Dr. Shirley said that I had to make progress in another hour or I would have to go home. So I decided to do squats during my contractions to get things going. Boy that was stupid. That hurt like crazy, but good news, I made progress! 4cm! After this I was admitted.
We walked down to our labor room and I got settled there. This was around 4am! It had been a very long night already and I knew it would just get longer! ICK! So during my god-awful contractions, I tried to "rest." Yeah, not happening. I made it until 5:30am before I asked for the goods! :) I had to get a bag and a half of fluids before they would give me the epidural. Around 6:30 is when I finally got my epidural. I made it all the way to about 6cm before the epidural! I thought that was good enough for me! After the epidural, I was a different person. I was actually able to rest for a bit before the delivery started.
I was put in different positions in the bed, one known as the "fire hydrant." This opened my pelvis so Cami could come on down and make her arrival. My doctor was big on her coming down the canal naturally, and she did.
I only pushed for 15 minutes and then she was here! Dr. Shirley asked Dan to "catch the baby like a football" and he did! I was afraid he would pass out, but he did it and he survived! He also cut the cord too! He's so brave! :) Also- as a side note- he was WONDERFUL! He was helping me through each contraction before the epidural and was so supportive during the delivery process. I am so glad he was there with me through all of this.
Here is the first picture of our baby girl:
There are so many more pictures to put on this blog, but for now, I'll just upload that one. And this one from the hospital pictures:
Motherhood is very hard right now... sleep deprivation is starting to get to me, but it will get better! I'll update next with the postpartum stay in the hospital and life at home!
Until next time :)



Awwwww this is sooooooo sweet! I'm proud of you guys, love you!
ReplyDelete