Well I finally got a job!!! I had an interview a few weeks ago (almost a month I think) at Bel Arbor Nursing home. The company is Integra Rehabilitation. The people seem VERY nice! I spoke with the CF who just finished at this same nursing home and she said it is wonderful and she has learned so much in her CF. I'm a little nervous about the location of the nursing home. The neighborhood is not what I'm used too, but Integra said they are getting ready to rebuild the entire nursing home in a more friendly location. So if I choose to stay with them after my CF and if they offer further employment, then I could work at this brand new nursing home. That excites me! In the mean time I am working at this location and at another called Cherry Blossom Nursing Center. I have never been to the second one, so I'm not sure what it's like.
I accepted the position on Monday before I left Cincinnati. I went back and forth trying to find the best offer and the best job for me. It ended up working out and now I have a job! I am incredibly nervous about it but at the same time I am anxious. I apply for state licensure on September 4th and the board will review my application on September 21st. If all goes well, then I am going to start employment on September 21st or 22nd. I really hope it goes well! I am BROKE and really need to start work!
I will keep you posted on how I like my job and how things are going!
On a side note: I am really going to miss coliseum. That is where I worked over the summer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hospital setting and really loved all my supervisors! I wish they had an open position to accommodate me, but maybe in the future I can work there! A hospital setting is definitely where I want to be!!!! I love acute care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YaY! I'm glad you have a job. One of my assignments isn't in the greatest location either, but we gotta start somewhere! I can't wait to see you!!!! <3
ReplyDeleteOMG! I love acute care as well! But, I figure that a nursing home is a great place to start. It's medical enough for you to get experience, but it's not as fast paced & stressful like an acute care setting. Its a great place to get your feet in the door. I LOVE IT! I also know that this is not where I want to be...so I just let it fly. Soak it ALL in girl. You will learn so much. You will feel dumb and smart all in the same day. You will be frustrated and overwhelmed, but its all worth it. If you need someone to talk to...let me know. I think we are the only 2 from our class working in a nursing home.... :) YAY for us! Love you! CONGRATS!!
ReplyDelete