How fitting of a title. If you have not been to Pinterest, I highly suggest it. Dan refers to it as a "dumbed down version of Google" but I love it! I really can't even describe what it is or how to use it, because I am learning myself. Anywho, since it was hard to get out of the house to shop, I had a lot of homemade gifts this year! :)
For the lovely ladies in my life, I made these:
Homemade sugar scrub! Peppermint and lavender flavor. Made with sugar (duh!), sunflower oil, essential oil (peppermint and lavender), and the peppermint has bits of candy cane! The sunflower oil makes it a bit oily, but in turn, makes your hands/feet very soft!
For my family and Dan's family I made these:
Photo coasters! Used tiles from Lowes, had pictures printed, cut to size, glued on, then used Resin to give it a glass-like finish. The resin was the hardest part of this project. I had to figure out how to use the resin just right, then it took forever to dry. It, honestly, could have used about a week to dry. But, alas, I didn't have a week. :/
So about pinterest, I got all of these ideas from that website. Amazing. I also made JT and Grant portable car holders that they can use to transport their matchbox cars and it even has a road so they can drive on it while in Church or in the car. I try to give my sister something to keep her boys busy and out of her hair! :)
In other Cami news - She got waaaayyy too much stuff for Christmas! She is so spoiled!! :) But she got some great things for Christmas and a lot of it was off our registry. We only bought the things we needed right away for her, then we asked our family to get us the other things from her registry for Christmas since it was so close to her birth. Worked out nicely. And, she loves every single thing she got! (I do, too). Here is picture of her on Christmas Day:
She learned how to smile while we were home... Melts my heart every time. She is starting to coo a lot and I'm pretty sure in the next couple of weeks she will laugh! We are settled back in at our house. We took this weekend to clean the whole house. It was a crazy hot mess. But, since I can't get much done during the day, I needed Dan's help to keep Cami occupied while I cleaned. IT worked out nicely. Here are some pictures of Cami throughout our trip home:
For the lovely ladies in my life, I made these:
Homemade sugar scrub! Peppermint and lavender flavor. Made with sugar (duh!), sunflower oil, essential oil (peppermint and lavender), and the peppermint has bits of candy cane! The sunflower oil makes it a bit oily, but in turn, makes your hands/feet very soft!
For my family and Dan's family I made these:
Photo coasters! Used tiles from Lowes, had pictures printed, cut to size, glued on, then used Resin to give it a glass-like finish. The resin was the hardest part of this project. I had to figure out how to use the resin just right, then it took forever to dry. It, honestly, could have used about a week to dry. But, alas, I didn't have a week. :/
So about pinterest, I got all of these ideas from that website. Amazing. I also made JT and Grant portable car holders that they can use to transport their matchbox cars and it even has a road so they can drive on it while in Church or in the car. I try to give my sister something to keep her boys busy and out of her hair! :)
In other Cami news - She got waaaayyy too much stuff for Christmas! She is so spoiled!! :) But she got some great things for Christmas and a lot of it was off our registry. We only bought the things we needed right away for her, then we asked our family to get us the other things from her registry for Christmas since it was so close to her birth. Worked out nicely. And, she loves every single thing she got! (I do, too). Here is picture of her on Christmas Day:
She learned how to smile while we were home... Melts my heart every time. She is starting to coo a lot and I'm pretty sure in the next couple of weeks she will laugh! We are settled back in at our house. We took this weekend to clean the whole house. It was a crazy hot mess. But, since I can't get much done during the day, I needed Dan's help to keep Cami occupied while I cleaned. IT worked out nicely. Here are some pictures of Cami throughout our trip home:
Go Bearcats!! :)
looking cute!
up in the bobby
that precious smile that melts my heart!
As you can tell, things are going pretty well around the Welsh household! Until next time :)









No comments:
Post a Comment