Good things must end. Example: a good book, vacation at the beach, Cami sleeping through the night, and my maternity leave.
So my lovely sweet baby who was sleeping through the night for the last week has decided to not do that anymore. I don't know why I find it so frustrating but I do. I was disturbed in my slumber at 4am this morning. I don't know why, but while I was feeding Cami, I started crying. I think because, since my maternity leave is coming to an end I don't know who will get up with her in the middle of the night. Usually I do and Dan has been sleeping through the night since Cami was born. But now that I'm going to work, we have to share this responsibility. Its just very frustrating when you think you've got something down pat and then it just changes. But I guess that is parenthood for you.
Another lovely thing coming to an end is my leave. I am thankful for the weeks I got to spend with her, but I wish I could spend another few months with her!! But I need money and have to go back to work. Last week I felt ready so I called base daycare and asked if they could get her in a week early so I could go back to work a week early. As soon as I got off the phone I cried. And I'll probably cry every day until she goes and the entire first week she is there. But I guess this is also part of parenthood. She will be starting daycare on Monday. :( We have to go tomorrow to see the place and fill out paperwork and then orientation. The worst part is that Dan has a class to attend all next week and will not be able to take Cami. The reason we chose base was so Dan could take her because I'm not sure I could do it. But now that he has class, he can't drop her off. Sucks to be me. This was the hardest 8 weeks of my life thus far, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I loved spending every day with her.
Coming up is Cami's 2 month appointment on the 24th. She will get some shots and I am not looking forward to it. I also have to take her to this appointment because Dan is in class. Sucks again. But I can and will do it!!!
Until next time....

Leaving her will be really hard but it does get easier! Schedules will constantly change and routines will differ from month to month! Hang in there! Shes so cute by the way!
ReplyDelete