Well time sure does fly! And boy are we busy! Me especially since I went back to work. It's been quite the adjustment, but each day is a little better.
I started back at work on Jan 30th. It was very hard that first week, but like I said, it's getting better. I am working full time (although I wish it was less) and Cami is in daycare. She likes it so far and only has had a few bad days. Usually they have to call us. Dan has only been in there once to feed her because she just flat out refused all day. So Dan took a little field trip and fed her! So glad he can be nearby! I like that she is going to daycare but essentially we are paying someone else to raise our daughter. That's how I see it, anyway. I wish I was home with her, but the cards didn't fall that way.
2 Months: Let's see... Cami started sleeping through the night around 2 months. But don't worry, that lovely joy came quickly to an end. She was not and is still not on a schedule for sleeping or eating. She was eating every 2 hours still about 3-4 oz. She had her doctor's appointment on Jan 24th. She got 3 shots and some nasty medicine in her mouth. I thought she was going to stop breathing with her first shots. Her face was turning purple she was so mad! Dan couldn't be there so it was difficult on me. But she did okay and we survived! Daycare sends home a sheet with her feeds and naps everyday so it's helpful to determine a trend of eating and sleeping times. But we sort of figured out that they aren't always that accurate. But they are helpful, I guess.
3 Months: Cami kept sleeping through the night until Feb 16th.Why do I remember this date, you ask? Because I have looked it up numerous times because she still hasn't slept through the night since then. Bummer. HUGE bummer. But on the bright side, this month she learned how to roll herself over!!! :) As I type this, she is rolling all over the floor on her mat. Back and forth and back and forth. It's pretty cute.
We are stumped as to why she is not sleeping through the night anymore. She was waking up 1-2 times and I researched it and it seemed like a growth spurt. However, a month later, she is still waking up. So unless this is the longest growth spurt in history, we have dug ourselves a hole. I think she has gotten into a pattern of waking up knowing that we will feed her. However, if we don't feed her, it's impossible to put her back to bed. Dan is against the "cry it out" method and I'm all for it, if it teaches her to sleep thru the night again.
Then there's the fact that she is sucking down a bottle at 4am every night like she is starved. So recently we started adding cereal to her bottle at night. It's only a tsp for 5oz of milk so it's really not that much. It's helped so that she only wakes up once (she was waking up multiple times) but still not keeping her asleep all night. We have not tried any more solids and are waiting to see what the doctor has to say on Tuesday. I hope he'll give us the okay. I feel like if she had a little more on her ribs she would sleep. But probably not knowing her!
It's certainly been a challenge since my last post, which is probably why I haven't updated. I am always dead tired and barely making it to ten o'clock. It's been straining on Dan and I because we hardly spend any time together. So we are hoping that once she will start sleeping again, we can stay up a little later and enjoy the time without Cami. This sure is testing us and our relationship, but if Cami wasn't so cute, I would be a bit more mad! :)
Until next time! :)
I started back at work on Jan 30th. It was very hard that first week, but like I said, it's getting better. I am working full time (although I wish it was less) and Cami is in daycare. She likes it so far and only has had a few bad days. Usually they have to call us. Dan has only been in there once to feed her because she just flat out refused all day. So Dan took a little field trip and fed her! So glad he can be nearby! I like that she is going to daycare but essentially we are paying someone else to raise our daughter. That's how I see it, anyway. I wish I was home with her, but the cards didn't fall that way.
2 Months: Let's see... Cami started sleeping through the night around 2 months. But don't worry, that lovely joy came quickly to an end. She was not and is still not on a schedule for sleeping or eating. She was eating every 2 hours still about 3-4 oz. She had her doctor's appointment on Jan 24th. She got 3 shots and some nasty medicine in her mouth. I thought she was going to stop breathing with her first shots. Her face was turning purple she was so mad! Dan couldn't be there so it was difficult on me. But she did okay and we survived! Daycare sends home a sheet with her feeds and naps everyday so it's helpful to determine a trend of eating and sleeping times. But we sort of figured out that they aren't always that accurate. But they are helpful, I guess.
3 Months: Cami kept sleeping through the night until Feb 16th.Why do I remember this date, you ask? Because I have looked it up numerous times because she still hasn't slept through the night since then. Bummer. HUGE bummer. But on the bright side, this month she learned how to roll herself over!!! :) As I type this, she is rolling all over the floor on her mat. Back and forth and back and forth. It's pretty cute.
We are stumped as to why she is not sleeping through the night anymore. She was waking up 1-2 times and I researched it and it seemed like a growth spurt. However, a month later, she is still waking up. So unless this is the longest growth spurt in history, we have dug ourselves a hole. I think she has gotten into a pattern of waking up knowing that we will feed her. However, if we don't feed her, it's impossible to put her back to bed. Dan is against the "cry it out" method and I'm all for it, if it teaches her to sleep thru the night again.
Then there's the fact that she is sucking down a bottle at 4am every night like she is starved. So recently we started adding cereal to her bottle at night. It's only a tsp for 5oz of milk so it's really not that much. It's helped so that she only wakes up once (she was waking up multiple times) but still not keeping her asleep all night. We have not tried any more solids and are waiting to see what the doctor has to say on Tuesday. I hope he'll give us the okay. I feel like if she had a little more on her ribs she would sleep. But probably not knowing her!
It's certainly been a challenge since my last post, which is probably why I haven't updated. I am always dead tired and barely making it to ten o'clock. It's been straining on Dan and I because we hardly spend any time together. So we are hoping that once she will start sleeping again, we can stay up a little later and enjoy the time without Cami. This sure is testing us and our relationship, but if Cami wasn't so cute, I would be a bit more mad! :)
Until next time! :)

Please don't feel like you are alone with cami not sleeping through the night. Adrianna used to until 3 months then she got used to being fed in the middle of the night until about 9 months! I have heard it is different when you breast feed babies bc their eating and sleeping schedules are different due to being hungrier faster. Adrianna was formula fed. Cryi it out won't really help much, i didn't let Adrianna cry it out until she was 10 months when I taught her how to self sooth....her sleep has been blissful ever since! Except for the occasional wake ups due to nightmares now....it never ends :( things will get enter though and that zombie stage will pass. You are amazing for being able to work with little sleep, be proud of yourself! That precious smile cami throws at you makes it all seem less exhausting....most times :) hope she gets the hang of sleeping through the night soon!
ReplyDelete