Thursday, May 31, 2012

4-5 months

Well boy you sure do get busy once you have a child. Whew. I just happened to check on my blog and realized I haven't updated since March! I'm a slacker!

Things have been pretty busy and exciting in our household. Many sleepless nights, teething, illness, and of course, fond memories with little miss Cami Lou.

4 Months: Cami was still rolling around all over the place at this time. We started solids on exactly 4/20/12. It was a rough few weeks at first. She really hated the rice cereal and I researched for ever and ever about it. I was convinced she wasn't ready for solids yet but didn't want to start a fruit because of the old wives tale. If you start them on a fruit then they will never eat vegetables. So I took to the internet to find out if this statement was true or not. And I was actually surprised to find out that it didn't matter one way or another! Breast milk is pretty sweet itself so they are already used to the sweetness. So I decided to try bananas. I used my finger because I wasn't entirely sure she liked the spoon. She ate ALMOST the entire jar!!! I was so happy! Then a few days later she got sick and constipated. We had to call the doctor and his nurse chewed my head off for giving her fruit instead of a green vegetable. Whatev lady. Long story short, she never (and still to this day) liked rice cereal. So we skipped that part. We still put it in her bottle every night, but she doesn't eat it from a spoon. We also started solid feedings at daycare too and they said she was doing great!

5 Months: She had her first visit to Disney World about 4 1/2 months! She loved it! We had a good time and she did very well! She was STILL (repeat STILL) not sleeping through the night at this point. Remember that hole I talked about in my last post? Yeah, we were pretty deep in it! I finally bought the book "Solve your child's sleep problems." It was a good book and I learned a lot about why she wasn't sleeping through the night and what we were going to do about it... but more on that later. Other than introducing some more solid foods (sweet potatoes and peas), this month was eventful for our first ear infection, multiple issues with a fever, and she sat up alone!!!! YAY CAMI!!! 4/29/12. Such a big girl!

I started making our own food for Cami. It's actually very simple and I feel like such a good mom for some reason. I just feel so accomplished when she eats the food I make. And boy does she eat!!!! Although she is still not yet 15lbs! :)

More next time! 

1 comment:

  1. K - My kiddos got constipated when they started solids as well (& we started them on veggies so, like you said... whatev!). Glad CL's doing well now. Hang in there - you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete