We reached a huge milestone last night! Cami has been "sleeping through the night" for about 3 weeks now. I put that in quotes because the definition on babycenter.com is much different than my definition. To me, sleeping through the night means baby goes to bed when I do and gets up when I do. I sleep through the night and Cami sleeps through the night... well I was wrong! By definition, sleeping through the night means sleeping 6+ hours a night. Well she has been doing this for a while.. however, since she goes to bed at 9:00pm, her six hour mark hits about 3-4 am! So technically she was doing this. But since I don't get up for work at 3am, this was not sleeping through the night to me.
Recently, Dan and I have been trying to put Cami down a little bit later so she will "sleep through the night" when we do. And it worked! Well last night anyway! LOL. She ate around 9:15 and finally fell asleep around 10. And she didn't wake up until 6! We'll see if this happens tonight... I won't truly think she sleeps through the night until it happens for about a week.
I have been trying to get Cami to take scheduled naps in her crib during the day. This has been my project since we got back from our Christmas vacation. I try and put her in her crib in the morning after a feeding and also in the afternoon after her lunch feeding. It's been sort of working. She will take one good nap either in the morning or afternoon, but the other time, it's just not working. Usually she just sleeps in her bouncer. As she is currently doing as I write this.
Other than that, I have been trying to get her to eat every 3 hours. I have done less nursing and more pumping. It seems to do the trick. The problem is, Cami is having a lot of trouble getting enough breastmilk while she is nursing. If I just nurse all day, then she will eat every 1.5-2 hours. We are lucky if we even get to 2 hours. However, if I give her breastmilk from a bottle, she can eat about 4oz and she will eat every 2.5-3 hours, leaning more towards 3 hours. So I am hoping to give her bottles more throughout the day and exclusively pump for her. I do miss nursing, and still might a couple times a day, but I feel like she is not getting enough. My concern is her health. So we'll see.
I will be going back to work soon (Feb 6th). We are trying to get Cami into daycare on base around the week of Jan 23rd or Jan 31st. I wanted to get her in a week before I had to go back to work so that I could adjust. Sometimes I look forward to her going to daycare because somedays it's very difficult. She just cries all day and for some reason I can't soothe her. But days like today make me want to stay at home forever! But, in all honesty, I am excited to get back to work. I miss doing what I love (besides being a mom) and I also love my job! We'll see how my opinion changes when I go back... :)
Until next time! :)
Recently, Dan and I have been trying to put Cami down a little bit later so she will "sleep through the night" when we do. And it worked! Well last night anyway! LOL. She ate around 9:15 and finally fell asleep around 10. And she didn't wake up until 6! We'll see if this happens tonight... I won't truly think she sleeps through the night until it happens for about a week.
I have been trying to get Cami to take scheduled naps in her crib during the day. This has been my project since we got back from our Christmas vacation. I try and put her in her crib in the morning after a feeding and also in the afternoon after her lunch feeding. It's been sort of working. She will take one good nap either in the morning or afternoon, but the other time, it's just not working. Usually she just sleeps in her bouncer. As she is currently doing as I write this.
Other than that, I have been trying to get her to eat every 3 hours. I have done less nursing and more pumping. It seems to do the trick. The problem is, Cami is having a lot of trouble getting enough breastmilk while she is nursing. If I just nurse all day, then she will eat every 1.5-2 hours. We are lucky if we even get to 2 hours. However, if I give her breastmilk from a bottle, she can eat about 4oz and she will eat every 2.5-3 hours, leaning more towards 3 hours. So I am hoping to give her bottles more throughout the day and exclusively pump for her. I do miss nursing, and still might a couple times a day, but I feel like she is not getting enough. My concern is her health. So we'll see.
I will be going back to work soon (Feb 6th). We are trying to get Cami into daycare on base around the week of Jan 23rd or Jan 31st. I wanted to get her in a week before I had to go back to work so that I could adjust. Sometimes I look forward to her going to daycare because somedays it's very difficult. She just cries all day and for some reason I can't soothe her. But days like today make me want to stay at home forever! But, in all honesty, I am excited to get back to work. I miss doing what I love (besides being a mom) and I also love my job! We'll see how my opinion changes when I go back... :)
Until next time! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment