Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 1

Well it's the day after Dan left. Tuesday was pretty rough. I was all emotional basically the whole day. We got to the airport at 1045 (flight at 1330) to check his bags. The man at the counter was nice enough to give me a Gate Pass so I could go through security with him to his gate! :) He said they usually don't let others through be I guess maybe he felt bad for me. LOL.

We ate lunch in the airport and then just hung out at the gate. Then came the hard part. His flight was boarding and he had to go, so of course I was bawling my eyes out and about to go in the corner and lie in the fetal position. But when we went up to check in, the lady scanning the tickets said he could spend a few more minutes with me and they upgraded him to first class! YAY!!! For him and me! I am grateful for the extra minutes, but it was so hard saying goodbye. But I did and then I got myself home (barely) and then was a train wreck the rest of the night. But I survived!

Today
Today was MUCH MUCH MUCH better than yesterday. Sure I still really miss him (and I will everyday) but I just need to get on with it. If I spend my days thinking about him and nothing else, these 4 months are going to move extremely sloooowww.

I talked with Dan first thing this morning. His flight had to make 2 stops until it reached it's final destination. He sent me a google chat at 630 this AM and I was so lucky to get it! It literally made me smile ALLL day. Becuase I knew he was safe and also because I got to talk to him before work! Being at work made it easier. It kept my mind off of things. THEN at lunch he google chatted me AGAIN! Boy was I lucky today! He was at his 2nd stop and I talked with him until he had to board the plane! That made my day pretty good!

I haven't heard from him since, but Raquel (the person he is replacing) said his plane landed and he is safe! So I'm hoping to talk with him maybe tomorrow morning if he is not working. It's kinda hairy right now because I'm not sure when he will be available these first few days!

Just know he is safe and I will be updating all of my readers with information on his journey and my journey here! Until next time! :)

(sorry this was so long)

No comments:

Post a Comment