Monday, November 29, 2010

surgery

I found out I will be having surgery on December 7th. It's about a week away. I'm SO nervous. All these thoughts are going through my head... I just keep telling everyone to pray for me and hope for a quick recovery. 

I'll blog more about my surgery later... like when i'm drugged up and have nothing else to do on my week off. I'm looking forward to that, but not the whole recovery thing. 

Our thanksgiving was spent in Warner Robins again with our Air Force Family. It was so generous of Matt and Mary to open up their house to us again! I had to work but we still made it to their house by 4:30. Dinner was delicious as usual. I made this new recipe i found.. pumpkin bars. I heard it on the radio. They were pretty much amazing. I will be making those again soon, i think.

I went out again for Black Friday. That was CRAZY. I got a little ridiculous this year and actually camped out at Target. We got there at 11:30 and I stayed until it opened at 4. The line nearly doubled in size in front of me as the time got closer to store opening. I guess some people just stood in line and saved spots for others who came right before it opened. What also made me mad was the group of 75 to 100 people that were in the parking lot at 3:45 waiting for the doors to open. They refused to wait in the back of the line. And wouldn't you know, when the doors opened, they bumrushed the doors and cut right in front of everyone. Go figure. But in my plan for revenge, I ran to the camera desk, hitting people with my basket and throwing bows. But i got what I wanted!!! Since my camera broke while we were in Key West, i decided to replace it with a new Canon camera. We wanted a DSLR but it just wasn't in the budget this year. I just got a regular digital camera, but it's can upgrade from the previous one. I also bought some other things, which I can't say because they are gifts! We made it back home at 5:45, ate breakfast, and went back to bed. I went back out shopping later that day and finished most of my shopping!

There are only 25 days until Christmas. Which means, only 25 days left to shop for everyone. If you subtract the 8 days I will be in recovery and the 2 days for travel, that doesn't leave many days. So I hope I can finish my shopping!!!! 

I will keep everyone updated on the surgery. Please say a prayer for me on Tuesday December 7th!

Until next time! :)

3 comments:

  1. Kris,
    Me and you Mom are praying for you and I know that others are too. Your Mom and I will be there on day of surgery (actually before surgery day!) to support you and Dan.
    You will be fine.

    Love you,
    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will thinking of you! Surgeries are scary, glad your parents are going to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying/thinking about you, friend. Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete