I'm sick.. YUCK!! Good thing it is just allergy/cold and not the flu. I don't need that right now. This is the first day I have not been at work since I started. Which I think is good considering I've been there over a year! But I do remember this sickness also happened last year. It thought I had swine flu so I went to the urgent care. Turns out I didn't, I'm just over-dramatic!
Well time for some updates. I don't have any pictures to add to this blog from our trip to Key West... but look to facebook, they are on there!
So we recently went to Key West for our anniversary trip. It was amazing!! We stated on the Naval Base there. Our room was average. It had all the essentials and really we just needed it to sleep. We spent the rest of our time riding bikes all over the island and sight-seeing! We saved lots of money by staying on base. I told Dan that we should plan trips around the availability of base accommodations. It really saves! Anyway, like I said we rented bikes to ride around. They were nice beach cruisers with a basket. Perfect for going to the beach.
We were only about 5 blocks from Duval Street (the main strip in Key West) so within walking distance. However, when we walked to Duval st., we also walked up and down the street. So it was much easier to ride our bikes. I was worried about a BUI (obviously we were drinking!), but then I saw a girl riding down the street past a cop with a margarita in her hand. I wasn't worried after that.
We spent a lot of our time at the beach. Although there really weren't that many beaches there, and they were man-made. But still white and sandy so it made me happy. The scene was beautiful and I thought life could not have gotten any better. We also went to the pool one day, which was also on base. It was a very quiet pool and relaxing!
One day we went to the Butterfly Conservatory and Aquarium. It was fun! Then we went on a sunset cruise with snorkeling! We even saw a nurse shark while we were on the reef! It was nice to see all the fish and marine life.
The rest of the time was spent on Duval street shopping and going out to dinner. They had some GOOOOD food down there. The last couple nights we were there it got very crowded and the streets filled with crazy people doing crazy things. They were preparing for Fantasy Fest, which is like mardi gras in FL, only crazier, which was what we were told by locals. The fest ran from the Saturday we left until the Saturday before Halloween. We may go down there again for the fest. Seems like our crowd!
Well we had an amazing trip and I didn't want it to end. I got Dan a kindle for his anniversary gift. I understand the first anniversary is paper so I got him electronic paper. :) Dan got me an amethyst ring that I have been wanting for a long time. It's currently in the shop getting sized. I also decided to take in my engagement ring and wedding band to get sodered and dipped. I have been saying I wanted to get that done for a year now and i thought I should just do it! But now i feel naked without my rings! Oh well, it's worth it!
Until next time! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Are you still in the process of finding a new job? How's the nursing home treating you? I'm almost over it - getting old.
ReplyDelete