Monday, December 21, 2009

UUUGGGH!

EEEK! I just want to scream! I'm so frustrated with work! I just don't understand how my fellow co-workers can't listen to a professional! For example, when I recommend thick liquids for someone who is aspirating they think it is okay to keep the patient on thin liquids for 4 days until they "get around to it" to change the liquids.....

Does that make sense to anyone else? This is what I put up with everyday. Writing recommendations for the safety of my patients and my recommendations being totally disregarded. I mean, who is the professional here? That's right. ME! I thought I was the one who went to school for 6 years and I have those special letters after my name.

It's just annoying.

Anyway, to make this more positive... Christmas is almost here! :) YAY! I love the holidays. I made my grandma's holiday cookies, buckeyes and peppermint patties. I took them to work today for our christmas party. It was great! Did I mention that I love living in the south and I love working with Filipinos! It's so different here. Different food for holidays and I'm learning so much about other cultures! And I'm learning that I eat WAAYYYY unhealthy compared to Filipinos! But oh well! I enjoy being here and seeing how other people celebrate their holidays and how different it is from how I celebrate!

I'm looking forward to my Mom coming to visit. But it's with sadness knowing that I will not be able to see the rest of my family. I really don't like working holidays and not being able to go home for just a few days. I am really missing my family and Dan's family too! I guess there will always be next year!

Side Note: My sister is doing wonderful with her two babies! They are still finishing the nursery and I can't wait to see it! I am planning the baby shower and I go home in a few weeks! YAY!

I'll post again after the holidays. I want to take time to spend it with my new family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment