I had a big decision to make yesterday...to take a full time job or not. Truth is, I am LOVING my time with Cami (and for myself). I feel happier and I feel like I am able to watch my child grow. But the reality is, we have bills, mortgage and rent that make staying at home very hard.
Initially, Dan and I talked about me being off until January. But once we moved here and our house was empty with no rent and/or sale, I knew that something had to give. So I searched for part time and full time jobs. I interviewed at a nursing home for a part time job. It was okay. They operate on a new "model" of therapy so I was interested in how this would impact me and how I would have to change the way I treat in order to comply with this model. Mostly I was excited about this job for the schedule. Time for me, time for Cami, AND time for work... sounds good to me!!! They offered me the job the next week.
I should have stopped searching.....
But then I found an open position at Miami Valley Hospital...in acute care/rehab. My heart felt warm once I read the description. I really love acute care.. like seriously. So I applied. I waited patiently and got a call a few days later and set up the interview. I had my mom watch Cami for me as Dan was in class. The interview was 4 hours long. Yes you read that correctly. It was long and terrifying and also exciting! I met the whole speech team and they had the opportunity to ask me questions about my experience and some clinical questions too. It was hard, but I felt excited when I left.
I waited and waited for them to call.. meanwhile, I had already had a job offer from the nursing home. They finally called and offered the job at MVH!!! Then I was in a pickle. I was excited that both jobs offered a position but so crushed that I had to decide between Cami and a full time job.
So I went with the MVH job, of course! Gotta love acute care! Although I will mostly be in rehab. I'm still excited because I will get to see all kinds of crazy stuff and I can't wait!!!
But I feel so guilty... I feel like I'm finally getting what I wanted in being with Cami and I gave it up... And I can't help but feel bad for her. I know she really likes daycare and other children, so I know she will be fine. I just have to get through the first couple of weeks and then I know I'll be okay... i hope so anyway...
I start on October 22nd!! Until next time...
Initially, Dan and I talked about me being off until January. But once we moved here and our house was empty with no rent and/or sale, I knew that something had to give. So I searched for part time and full time jobs. I interviewed at a nursing home for a part time job. It was okay. They operate on a new "model" of therapy so I was interested in how this would impact me and how I would have to change the way I treat in order to comply with this model. Mostly I was excited about this job for the schedule. Time for me, time for Cami, AND time for work... sounds good to me!!! They offered me the job the next week.
I should have stopped searching.....
But then I found an open position at Miami Valley Hospital...in acute care/rehab. My heart felt warm once I read the description. I really love acute care.. like seriously. So I applied. I waited patiently and got a call a few days later and set up the interview. I had my mom watch Cami for me as Dan was in class. The interview was 4 hours long. Yes you read that correctly. It was long and terrifying and also exciting! I met the whole speech team and they had the opportunity to ask me questions about my experience and some clinical questions too. It was hard, but I felt excited when I left.
I waited and waited for them to call.. meanwhile, I had already had a job offer from the nursing home. They finally called and offered the job at MVH!!! Then I was in a pickle. I was excited that both jobs offered a position but so crushed that I had to decide between Cami and a full time job.
So I went with the MVH job, of course! Gotta love acute care! Although I will mostly be in rehab. I'm still excited because I will get to see all kinds of crazy stuff and I can't wait!!!
But I feel so guilty... I feel like I'm finally getting what I wanted in being with Cami and I gave it up... And I can't help but feel bad for her. I know she really likes daycare and other children, so I know she will be fine. I just have to get through the first couple of weeks and then I know I'll be okay... i hope so anyway...
I start on October 22nd!! Until next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment