If you know me well enough, you know that I never stick to a certain exercise program or training schedule. When training for a half marathon, I try to stick as much to the training plan as possible... however, with a baby, a full time job, and all other things considered, it's hard to keep that schedule. Since we have lived in Ohio, I have been trying to get back into the rhythm of working out. Here's how it went.
1.Running every day while staying at the Homewood Suites
2.Jillian Micheal's 30 Shred - I did about a week of this but not in a row. I suck. It's 30 minutes each day and I'm STILL too lazy to do it.. pathetic.
3. Run/Walkeach morning with Cami and Chloe - Now this is what I'm trying to improve on!! I'm actually doing good at this one.
We have been running each morning right after I give her breakfast if the weather permits. We used to just walk with Chloe but recently I have been running with Cami in her jogging stroller. It took me a while to figure out how to change my running form to accommodate the stroller, but I'm getting better every day!
As mentioned in the previous post, Dan has been working really hard from the hours of 8-5 in order to have family time when he gets home from school. So each night, I try to have dinner ready by 5:45 or 6 and then we have the rest of the night (until 8) to spend with Cami. The last couple of nights, we have been going for a run with Cami. It's easier to run with Dan because he is a pro at pushing the stroller so I get to run like normal. YAY!
Well last night was the first time I ran 3 miles without stopping! It's a major set-back from where I orginally started running in 2008, but it's a start! And I have to remember that. I am getting back in the groove of running and actually prefer to run than walk now.
With that being said, I am so glad I have the time to do these things (read: so glad I'm not working). I have more time for me to do what I need/want to do! I'm enjoying our daily runs and hope that they can continue!
Until next time... :)
1.
2.
3. Run/Walk
We have been running each morning right after I give her breakfast if the weather permits. We used to just walk with Chloe but recently I have been running with Cami in her jogging stroller. It took me a while to figure out how to change my running form to accommodate the stroller, but I'm getting better every day!
As mentioned in the previous post, Dan has been working really hard from the hours of 8-5 in order to have family time when he gets home from school. So each night, I try to have dinner ready by 5:45 or 6 and then we have the rest of the night (until 8) to spend with Cami. The last couple of nights, we have been going for a run with Cami. It's easier to run with Dan because he is a pro at pushing the stroller so I get to run like normal. YAY!
Well last night was the first time I ran 3 miles without stopping! It's a major set-back from where I orginally started running in 2008, but it's a start! And I have to remember that. I am getting back in the groove of running and actually prefer to run than walk now.
With that being said, I am so glad I have the time to do these things (read: so glad I'm not working). I have more time for me to do what I need/want to do! I'm enjoying our daily runs and hope that they can continue!
Until next time... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment