Friday, August 26, 2011

A Recent Update

It seems like all I do is update on here. I'm never consistent with my posts. My apologies to whoever it is that reads this! I have been a real slacker... but for good reason.


A lot has happened since my last post. Most importantly, my best friend is back! Dan made it home safely from his tour of duty. Those last few weeks were the worst, but I managed and although time felt like it was moving backwards instead of forwards, we finally got to reunite! 


I arrived to the airport about 2 hours in advance (hey, I was excited) and waited at the top of the mile long escalator for him. The first hug and kiss were indescribable. I had long waited for it, and it was just bliss! So glad to have him home. Then after we both cried, we found out we were having a baby girl! :) 


The pregnancy has been good. Uneventful, which is a good thing. The only horrible thing I'm feeling is back pain. And boy does it SUCK. It's never-ending and nothing I do seems to help it. The only thing I haven't done is buy a maternity support belt. I'll try that one day :). 


They have moved my due date about 30238403284 times. I am now due in mid November. But, for all the moms I have that read this, we all know she won't arrive when they think she will. She's on her own schedule and will come when she is ready. I'm hoping for a Thanksgiving baby! But will be happy when she does arrive and she is healthy.


I'm still having ridiculous hormonal changes. It's been difficult. I'll just sit and think about her arrival and just start crying. Asking myself "Am I ready?", "Did I do everything I wanted to do before I had babies?", "Will this nursery ever be finished?" etc, etc, etc. It's never ending worry for me and I'm not sure why. At times I know we are ready... we talked and (sort of ) planned this... but now that it's going to happen for reals, I'm kinda nervous. Dan assures me that it's normal (how should he know, but I love his support anyway) and we are ready to be parents. And also assures me that the nursery will be ready! 


In other Welsh family news, Chloe has really changed since Dan's deployment. She has calmed down a lot and I hope she is ready to be a big sister! She listens more to me, which if you know her, is a BIG deal. She's a good dog now. Still in her cage when we are gone, but we're working on that. 


We are due to come back to Ohio in September. We will be in town for the Air Force Marathon, baby showers, and visiting family!!! I can't wait to be home and see all of my family and my in-laws! It's been so long since I've seen everyone! Oh and I can't wait to see my friends either! It's been a while for that too! 


Well friends, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment