Sunday, May 15, 2011

recent hiatus!

Well I have a REALLY good reason why I have been slacking on my blog since Dan left. In case you live under a rock, you already know that Dan and I are expecting! It's all I wanted to talk about for the last 13 weeks, but had to keep it a secret until we announced to our family. We chose to announce on Mother's Day. We thought it was a perfect time!


I found out we were pregnant 3 days after Dan left for his deployment. It was VERY hard that first month. I never had morning sickness (still haven't to this day) but I was SO tired all the time. I lost a lot of weight the first month Dan was gone, and actually have managed to keep it off since. So it's been nice, but no worries, I will gain it all back with this baby. 


I had my first ultrasound at 8 weeks, 3 days. My baby looked like a blob, but I still had that motherly feeling when I saw the baby. It all became real at that point. 


I never felt pregnant and still really don't. I'm not showing that much yet, but it's coming! My next ultrasound will be when Dan gets home. I will be 21 weeks pregnant when he gets back, so I'm hoping to schedule it for pretty much the day after he gets back! I got special permission from my doctor to wait until he gets home even though they recommend getting it done at 18-20 weeks. So I was lucky I could wait a week or 2 longer! We are excited to find out what we are having and I am so excited for Dan to finally meet our baby. 


Speaking of that, it's been hard without him. It's a lot harder than one might think. Yes, I am getting along fine without him, but he's missing all of this. I'm sure he's glad he's missing the hormone craziness and the all the exhaustion, but he's also missing my doctor's appointments and my growing/changing belly/body. I have this special connection to the baby, even now, that Dan doesn't have because he can't talk to my belly or anything.   But I am so thankful that he will be here for the delivery and the most important ultrasound!


There will be MUCH more to come on this topic. Until next time! :)

3 comments:

  1. baby! baby! baby!

    i love it! and i'm praying for safety and health within your belly, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I get excited every single time I think about it/him/her! :) Congrats again, Mama! Dan is missing this part of it, but he is surely going to make up for it once he's home I'm sure! And how special that he will get to be there when you find out whether it's a penis or a vagina! :) LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries....for the guys it doesn't become real until D-day(delivery day) lol! Joe was still in denial until that day....and he hardly talked to my belly, only when I asked him to. He did enjoy feeling the kicks, Dan will def love that I think!

    ReplyDelete