Well hello readers. It's been a while since my last update.. which seemed like last week until I looked at the date.
I should start with the most important news.. I finally started my new job!!! Right now, I am on my second week. I am just observing right now since it is much different than what I was used to at the SNF. Paperwork is different and procedure is different. But I am catching on and excited to hopefully get to take over the schedule this week! I am a very mixed caseload, which is good! The main reason why I took this job (besides being close to home) was that I wanted to improve my clinical skills in other areas and it just wasn't happening at the SNF. So far, I will have cognition, voice, TBI, and of course swallowing!
My birthday has come and gone. One year older! I was at orientation for the new job, but again, glad to be close to home! :). Dan got me the best gift by far! He finally gave in and bought me a Keurig!! It's pretty much amazing! It takes like 10 seconds to brew coffee. And it's the perfect amount! He also got me the sandals I was wanting for a year now! He's the BEST! My parents/sister also gave me the best gift too! A plane ticket home to see my nephews for their first birthday! LOVE IT!!! A big group of friends went out to dinner at Carrabbas. It was very good and I enjoyed spending time with great friends!
This week Dan is TDY in Destin, FL! BOOOO! At least the weather won't be much better there than it is here. I can't be that jealous. But he is staying in a condo on the beach. But again, whats a beach with 50 degree weather? I'm kinda mad at the air force because they keep sending him TDY on these trips before his deployment! Do they not understand that he will be leaving ME for 4 months and I need to see him now!?!?! Oh well. At least now I have to get used to caring for myself before he leaves cold turkey.
Well that is all it takes for an update in our life. It's pretty boring... :) but i love it! Until next time!
I should start with the most important news.. I finally started my new job!!! Right now, I am on my second week. I am just observing right now since it is much different than what I was used to at the SNF. Paperwork is different and procedure is different. But I am catching on and excited to hopefully get to take over the schedule this week! I am a very mixed caseload, which is good! The main reason why I took this job (besides being close to home) was that I wanted to improve my clinical skills in other areas and it just wasn't happening at the SNF. So far, I will have cognition, voice, TBI, and of course swallowing!
My birthday has come and gone. One year older! I was at orientation for the new job, but again, glad to be close to home! :). Dan got me the best gift by far! He finally gave in and bought me a Keurig!! It's pretty much amazing! It takes like 10 seconds to brew coffee. And it's the perfect amount! He also got me the sandals I was wanting for a year now! He's the BEST! My parents/sister also gave me the best gift too! A plane ticket home to see my nephews for their first birthday! LOVE IT!!! A big group of friends went out to dinner at Carrabbas. It was very good and I enjoyed spending time with great friends!
This week Dan is TDY in Destin, FL! BOOOO! At least the weather won't be much better there than it is here. I can't be that jealous. But he is staying in a condo on the beach. But again, whats a beach with 50 degree weather? I'm kinda mad at the air force because they keep sending him TDY on these trips before his deployment! Do they not understand that he will be leaving ME for 4 months and I need to see him now!?!?! Oh well. At least now I have to get used to caring for myself before he leaves cold turkey.
Well that is all it takes for an update in our life. It's pretty boring... :) but i love it! Until next time!

I'm happy to hear about the new job -close to home!!! :) And I'm jealous about the coffee!!! YAY YAY YAY for getting to home to see those babies on their birthday, too!!!!! Great post with such exciting news! Love & miss you!
ReplyDelete