Friday, December 17, 2010

Scar Tissue

Well I went to the doctor today and it was all good news! He was happy with how the incision looked and was amazed about the lack of swelling he saw. I guess he was excepting my neck to be big and giant. Although I think it is big, I guess he doesn't. He said the biopsy was normal! YAY!

Then the bad part happened. He took my stitches out. It really didn't hurt, but the whole time he was taking them out I was thinking about how they were coming out and it made me very light-headed. He had to almost stand me on my head for me to not pass out! lol. Oops!

But now that I have the stitches out, he gave me the go-ahead for working out and resuming normal activities. I have never wanted to hit the gym like I do now! Here is a picture of my incision with the stitches still in place.
I ran right out after my appointment to get mederma for this monster of a scar I'm going to have. I didn't realize how much that stuff cost. But I guess it will be worth it if it really does make this scar disappear!
I am glad all this stuff is behind me now. I just have recovery ahead of me!

Until next time! :)

1 comment: