Sunday, October 3, 2010

Visit from the In-laws!!

My in-laws were in town this past week! They flew in on Tuesday. We took them to Georgia Bob's, so good ole Southern BBQ. They enjoyed it! Wednesday was their 17th Wedding Anniversary! We headed up to downtown Macon for dinner. We ate at the Rookery. It was pretty delicious, as always. They were concerned that we were going to get shot, but we told them not to worry! I guess their small town life is starting to get to them when they get into a big city.

We headed down to Savannah on Thursday. On Thursday night we headed to River Street. We got MORE than enough of our fair share of free praline trials. :) They are too delicious to pass up. We went to Wet Willy's to get a margarita. Boy did that do me in. Ha. But it was good. They have this bar where you can pick from about 20 different margarita flavors. I chose the banana flavor mixed with Chocolate. Dan has the strawberry mixed with chocolate. Both tasted good. On Friday it was Kandi's birthday! We went out to breakfast, lunch, and dinner! haha. But we did because we had nothing else to eat! We did the 90 minute tour of Savannah on the bus. Then got out and walked around for the rest of the day. It was beautiful weather. They also had a craft show and Oktoberfest! It was packed! I got these really pretty handmade glass earrings that sparkle and shine in the sun. We had dinner and had more pralines! I just couldn't get enough.

On Saturday, we went to Tybee Island. It was just like I remembered; cold and windy. We walked on the beach and had lunch at a seaside restaurant. Then we traveled into town and shopped. I bought a cute headband with a flower and a book written by an author from Tybee Island. So far I can't put it down!!!

Today, we went to Atlanta. We went to the World of Coke. It was much needed. I was craving that Coke room where you can taste any coke product and you have unlimited access to the classic Coke fountains! YUM! It was a nice time. I got to see some different memorabilia that I didn't see the first time. I also spent extra time at the gift store. I saw a few new products. I ended up buying a "W" keychain and the Coke cookbook! I am hoping to make the Coca-Cola cake! I'll let you know how it turns out!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. I am so glad they came to visit. We had the house finished JUST in time. In fact, I was still putting pictures in the frames that first night they were here!

We have lots of things coming up! We are going to Key West in 2 weeks!!! :) :) :)
Which means I have to get in shape for a new bathing suit I bought! So for the next two weeks, I will be in the gym 6 days a week working my butt off (literally). Then when we get back, I am hosting Kay's baby shower! I'm so excited for things to come! Forgive me if I don't blog in that time. But I will have tons of pictures from our anniversary trip to show everyone!!! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment