I realized it's been forever since my last post. I am finding it hard to sit down and type anymore... :(
But I will go ahead and update you with our lives together!
It's been a VERY VERY VERY busy month. Did i mention we were busy? Yeah. We decided to rip our carpets up and put down hardwood floors. That's what started this whole mess. We decided it was time to get rid of the carpet and try for a more modern look. So we got some laminate flooring and have literally been laying it for an entire month. As I type, Dan is putting the molding on, which ideally should be the last thing to do. But we still have carpet hanging out of the doors from the bedrooms. Real classy!!
Our next project was to paint the trim in our house. It was a nice shade of 1970's brown. And at first I liked it. It brought a nice sense of warmth. But then I just hated it. So we decided to paint it white. I knew it was going to be a project, just not quite sure how big. We started with the kitchen and have been painting for a month. We barely even have half the house done! :( Epic Fail. But it's coming along. Just a slow process..
Speaking of epic fail... i attempted to set a new PR for a half marathon. HA! Boy was I a dreamer. First of all, from previous posts, I have been trying to train in this GA humidity. It's been really hard. And as I have been saying since Saturday, bad training leads to bad results. So in a nutshell, I did horrible at the Air Force Half Marathon. I let myself down majorly and now I have to make it up. I was hoping to just get the time I wanted and never run one for time again. But now I have to. But i'll pick a different time to train.
Our time was 2:10:51. I gave it all I had and barely crossed the finish line. But I did and that is important. It's not my worst time, but certainly not my best and not something I am proud of. Sometimes you have to take a few steps back before you can move forward.
Also, speaking of moving forward.... Dan's parents will be in for a visit in a week!!! :) I am very excited about it! His dad hasn't seen the place and I am excited that he can come visit. We are planning a trip to Savannah on thursday night. We will be in Savannah on Friday to celebrate Kandi's birthday! :) Way better place to celebrate than Warner Robins. Then in a few weeks after that, we will be going to KEY WEST!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!! I can hardly wait for this trip. A nice way to celebrate our anniversary!!!
Well that should catch you up. i will try to not be so lame and post a little more in the next weeks.
"Someday your whole life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Well, if it helps any -I am very proud of you! I can't wait to see your house again & all that you've done to it! I'll have to pay another visit sometime :) I miss you!
ReplyDeleteWhat missy said. I realize it's really rough to accept not meeting your goal when you want to, but the fact that you ran ANOTHER HALF MARATHON!!! is AMAZING!! you are AMAZING bodie! Training is definitely the hardest part of running races, bc there's no one cheering you on. Its all self motivation, which for me is borderline impossible. So I'm sorry that you didn't get below 2 hrs, but I know that you WILL DO IT! good luck training for the next one and on your house improvements. I'm sure its looking great! miss you guys!
ReplyDelete