So I did something so unlike myself this weekend... I took a random, unscheduled trip to Jacksonville with Dan! He was TDY there for work and found out on Thursday evening. I kept saying "oh, no I can go. What will we do? What will Chloe do?!" and then I just said.. "forget it" and just went!!! This is VERY unlike me.
I boarded Chloe at a new place called Endless Love Pet Palace. It's adorable and they took such good care of her! They even let her play in the pool and gave her extra lovin! So much so, that when she saw me, she wasn't even excited! It made me tear up a little. But I'm glad she was in such good hands.
On friday night, Dan and I went to the beach. I FINALLY got to put my toes in the sand and actually get in the water. The last time i was at the beach was when my mom and I came down for Spring Break 1 year ago. So i was very much missing it! We ate at this place called Salt Life Food Shack. A nice little place with a young crowd.
On saturday we decided to venture to Amelia Island. The weather was pretty crappy, but after we ate lunch, it cleared up a lot. Amelia Island was really nice. Nice hotels. Golf Courses. Expensive retail stores and spas. You get the idea. Needless to say, we simply saw the beach and then left. We went to where more common folk like to hang out. Another beach called Fernandina Beach. It was really nice. Lots of public beaches and the downtown area was beautiful. Lots of cool little stores. Then we went back to Jax to get ready and then headed out to dinner at an outdoor shopping area. It was nice to walk around. Funny though because the mall seemed to be divided in half into expensive and cheap. One area had places like Coach, Louis Vitton, Juicy, Lacoste, etc... and the other half had stores like Abercrombie, AE, Dollar Tree. LOL. It was a nice place though. We went to PF Changs for dinner! So amazing; i haven't had that in a long time.
On sunday, we went for a run on a paved bike trail and then went to breakfast. We spent the reminder the day at the Jax beaches shopping and getting that last mintue time with the beach!
I think this trip really reminded us of how much we dislike warner robins and how we can't wait to leave. it was filled with things to do, young crowds of people still going to the bar to get drinks, BARS (we only have 1) and exercise! I just wanted to exercise the whole time we were down there. It would be so amazing to live in a place like that. We just miss the night life and the excursions. we just can't wait to leave!!!!!!!!
Well i hope you enjoyed my festivities from this weekend. I will sit here and listen to the rain since it knocked out our satellite! Until next time <3!!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

boo abt the satellite. but yeah abt enjoying JAX and having a great weekend! Jason and i are hoping to be stationed there. You will def have to come visit! miss you!
ReplyDeleteI know of everywhere you mentioned... gosh, I actually kinda miss that place! Amelia Island is gorgeous! Glad to see you finally got a lil vacay not counting trips home! :) MISS YOU LIKE WHOA!!!! <3
ReplyDelete