Sunday, August 8, 2010

No Name

I have no name for this post. Just don't know what to call it exactly. It's an update, some news, and our plans. So a lot in a little post.

1. Dan was recently promoted to 1st Lt. I am so proud of him! I took off work to go to the ceremony. His commander said so many nice things about him. Then he gave a little speech and said some kind words about me! Then surprised me with flowers. What an amazing man I have! Just so proud of him!

2. We went home to register our new vehicle. I was SOOO excited to my family and my nephews! We arrived on Friday night and our weekend was JAMMED packed, as it usually is. We went to a cookout with our old neighbors and "my second family." It was so good to see everyone! Then on Sunday I spent time with my grandma and with the boys. We went running at Miami Whitewater and I didn't sweat to death... that much anyway. It was nice to run in non-humid conditions. I think we went at 10:00 am and it was only 73. Ah-mazing.

3. The boys are growing so much. Grant is teething.. getting those adorable bottom two teeth. He was a bit cranky, but I can understand. JT hasn't yet teethed, but it's coming. The boy is drooling so much. They weigh 16lbs each. They are so healthy! I'm not sure how my sister does it! They have a schedule and stick to it. I want to be just like her when I am a mom... only with 1 baby. :)

4. We found out that Dan will be deploying in March 2011. He volunteered (because he is a good american) and they chose him for the March to July slot. Our friend Evan just got back from this slot and he said it was no big deal. Just VERY VERY VERY hot. He thinks it's hot here, he's got something coming. I will be staying here to man the fort! LOL. I am hoping for some visitors while he is gone. I will be lonely.. but it may be kind of nice. Who knows. More on this later when we know more.

5. Since Dan is leaving, we have to get our butts in gear to get this house together. We might be doing the following projects: fence, painting our trim white, painting/tiling the fireplace, putting tile in our bathroom vanity area. BUT not sure how many of these will be finished. But those are the plans anyway!

Hope I filled you in with our life thus far. Still training for our 1/2 marathon. I am having some issues with the training. I am having some mental insecurities and some thinking that I'm not sure i can do this. For some reason, I felt it was no big deal to take 15 mins off my time for my 2nd 1/2. But now that I only need to take off about 5, I am finding it impossible to do. I am challenged with the thought that I might not be able to do it and this is effecting my running. I am hardly able to run more than 5 miles. I am constantly thinking I "can't do it." UGH. It's very hard. I need to mentally prepare myself before my runs... just not sure how!

I hope to update you with more cheerful news of my training! Until next time! <3

2 comments:

  1. You know I will visit!!!!!! I'm always looking or an excuse to go some place & to see you, of course! Sounds like everything's going well. I miss you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice is take a week off before he leaves and don't go anywhere, more like a 'stay-cation". We did that before Dave left and it was the best thing ever! Good luck with the running!!!!!! You can do it, hope to see you that weekend.

    ReplyDelete