I realized I have not posted any pictures of the landscaping renovation that's been going on for a few months. It's been such a daunting task. We started relatively late in the year and it got real hot, real quick. It's hard to get out and do such hard labor in the middle of 100+ degree weather. But we have finished 2/3 flower beds
and are pretty much at a standstill. I'll tell you more about that later. Here is a before picture of our yard:
Ok. What we did first was create a whole new flower bed in the middle of the yard by the tree. The grass wasn't growing in that area anyway, so we decided to just rip up the sand (we don't have dirt) and then create something more appealing to the eye. Here it is:
Finally finished! Then we moved to the side flower bed which was next to the garage. We decided to have a trellis with some climbing flowers to draw the eye up and to make it not so boring on that side. We also had to put down weed fabric so it wasn't overcome by weeds and crap. It seems like the only thing we can grow here is weeds!
Here are some pictures of the side bed:
I realized that there is only one picture and I didn't even take a picture of the plants in the ground. But I do remember that we finished this bed about 10:00 one Sunday night. We used Dan's headlights to give us light to finish planting. And then his battery died and I had to run up to walmart for a new one. Yeah it was a bad night. Probably why I didn't take any more pictures!
So now I'll let you know of the problems we are facing. We (I should say Dan) put in gutters because we didn't have any. Well we thought it would solve the problem of water falling into our beds and drowning our flowers. Well we were wrong. It seems that once we put the landscaping bricks in, we only made it worse. See below:
So this seems like quite the problem. Our entire front lawn is flooding every time it rains. And the picture to the right is our 3rd bed. We haven't planted here yet because we aren't sure what to do about the flooding. It got to the point that Dan had to remove a brick from the walkway so the water could flow. SOOO.... for now, this bed is on hold pending a solution.
As far as the fence goes, we have not started yet. We are waiting because it is a very expensive project and if we are only going to be here for maybe 1 more year, it seems not worth it. And secondly, the surveyors came and looked at our property and our beloved trees along our back yard line are not ours and we would have to build the fence in front of them. Chloe loves those trees and we would hate to take them away.
For now, we are just trying to finish some small projects around the house, plan our fantastic 1 year anniversary to KEY WEST, and enjoy the summer!!! Hope you like what we have done!










No comments:
Post a Comment