Monday, July 12, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Well it seems like it's been forever since my last update... and it has. A LOT has happened since then. Time is flying so quickly.

We have begun our training for the Air Force Half Marathon. I am hoping to finish in less than 2 hours. Dan says I can do it because the course is flat and fast. But I'm having some difficulty with training in this weather. It's HOT down here. I mean hot. It's been over 100 degrees for the entire month of June almost. It's just icky. My body is still adjusting and every time we run I get a little better. So hopefully my body will adjust and I will be able to kick this half marathons butt!

We have been home to visit Dan's family and for the boys' baptism. It was so good to see everyone. It went by WAY to fast. But it was very good times with great people! We attempted to go to the Reds vs. Indians game but it was bad weather which resulted in a beautiful rainbow!
We had a relaxing 4th of July. I took off 2 days (Friday and Monday) so Dan and I had 4 days together! It was so nice to be with him! We spent the weekend looking for a new car! We decided on a 2008 Toyota Rav 4 Sport! It's so freaking cute! It's got a nice DVD player as well, which was a bonus. We didn't even know about it until we got up to the dealership. It has average miles but was a really good deal. Here she is:

We also bought new bikes! They are Trek 7.2FX fitness bikes. They are pretty much amazing. Pricey, but well worth it. The other day we rode 28 miles to Perry and back. We had a nice little day planned until we got to Perry and all of the restaurants were closed. We ended up going to DQ but it was worth it because the blizzard was delicious!

Lastly... I cut my hair! It was so amazing to see it all cut off and hold it in my hand. I donated 8 1/2 inches and I am so proud of it! I will probably keep this cycle going. Only next time, I was to donate 10! Here is my short hair!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your new car!!!!!! That is a beautiful picture of you above. I love your hair & the fact that you're smiling. :) I miss you dearly.

    ReplyDelete