Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Latest Happenings

It's been a while. I didn't mean for it to be this long. But things happen. Like life! :)

Not much has been going on here in GA. We went from winter to summer in about a day. I was not ready for the 90 degree weather but you get used to it. Dan and I are trying to figure out the plan for our landscaping. It's horrible right now so whatever we do to it, even if it is ripping everything out, will be an upgrade. We went to Lowes and spent an hour or more trying to pick out shrubs, flowers, pavers, mulch, etc. I got sunburnt, but we found our plants!!! :) We didn't buy them but we will when we get back from our adventures at home!

I have been speaking previously about job interviews and offers. Well I got another offer for Bibb County Schools. They gave me less than 24 hours to decide. Which I think is a little rushed. It's a BIG decision going from a SNF to the schools... at least for me. I was mad about the short time frame, but Dan and I talked thoroughly. I decided to turn down the offer. The pay was low and it would be the same commute. The only difference is the schedule and children instead of adults. I feel like I am finally establishing myself at the SNFs where I work and I like it. Nurses are actually coming to me and asking me questions about patients and referring for swallowing/cognition. They weren't doing this in the beginning, so it's a step up. And not to mention, the pay was very different for the schools and I just couldn't take that amount of a pay cut.

So looks like it's skilled nursing for me until we move!

We are going out of town on Thursday to visit Dan's family! I can't express how freaking excited I am. It's been 6 months since I've seen them! 6 months! That's a crime. But we will be there Thursday through the following Wednesday. I am also glad to get away from work for a few days. I need a break every once in a while. We are also going to Cincinnati for our Nephews baptism. Also, VERY VERY VERY excited about that. I haven't seen those boogers in 2 months. I miss them like CRAZY! I can't wait to post pictures of them to show everyone (or anyone who cares, really).

Well that about sums up the fast few weeks and the next week. Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment